Gente Magaine 2007/09/25

This is the place for you to post scans of older articles featuring Goran.

Moderators: Zone3120, AzizalSaqr, Trainerjen, Nina, jenwhaley, MarcySue

Gente Magaine 2007/09/25

Postby Scabiosa » Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:04 am

I thought these gorgeous images had to be shared....
From September 25 issue of Gente Magazine (Argentina).

Image Image Image (Click each image to enlarge)

Could someone translate or recap the article please ? Any Spanish speaking kind soul out here?
Scabiosa

Postby AzizalSaqr » Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:48 am

Thank you! I'll see if Manu can translate for us.

8)
AzizalSaqr
Site Admin

Postby jenwhaley » Wed Oct 24, 2007 11:19 am

aaw, lovely pics. Thanks Scabiosa :D
jenwhaley

GG

Postby carito » Wed Oct 24, 2007 7:57 pm

MMMM.............. i can translate it by weekend :wink: but Gorans talks about ER , Cloney , that he was pleased with the wine , horses an "Tango" in Argentina.And He says HE WOULD LIKE TO PLAY JB.
Also a mention about him recently adpting a baby.

Greets :P
Farewell Goran Visnjic -Luka Kovac 1999-2007
Save The Cheerleader , Save The World -Heroes
carito

Postby AzizalSaqr » Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:00 pm

Carito, feel free to work on it, I've sent it to Manu as well, but it's such a long article, maybe you could work from the last page and she could work from the front, then we can combine them.

8)
AzizalSaqr
Site Admin

Postby Mrs Eyre » Thu Oct 25, 2007 4:20 am

This looks like a rehash of the interviews published earlier in the year - nice pictures though!
The Croatian Sensation pulls a Rabbi out of the hat!

Q: What do you call an Australian with a bottle of Champagne?

A: A waiter.
Mrs Eyre

Postby AzizalSaqr » Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:01 pm

Thanks to aleunam at the NBC Forums, here is the article translation. English is not Manu's first language so forgive any grammar errors.

PAGE 1 -60-

He's 34, from Croatia and came to Argentina to promote the successful Warner Channel series, ER, the same that made Clooney
a star. Very handsome (People consider him as one of the most attractives of the TV) and having recently become an adoptive
father, he says he loved "the vines, the horses and the tango" in here, and that he would love to portray James Bond.

GORAN VISNJIC
"George Clooney's career fascinates me, but I want to make my own way"

"Excuse me, can you give me fire?", he asks in the door of the Four Season Hotel, in Barrio Norte [means North
Neighbourhood], and starts walking. A lot of people that walked by turn around to look at him, but very few believe that he is who they think he is. Until he says: "Yes, yes. It's me, Dr Luka Kovac, from ER, in Warner Channel", laughs the main actor of one of the most important series of USA and from the world, with 13 season aired, and a 14th one that
will start next November [in Argentina]. But is not just that: Goran Visnjic (34), has been for the past 8 years the Dr Doug Ross's replacement played by... George Clooney. "A bargain? No, is the contrary. I admit it was hard to take his place. but I liked the challenge of being part of such strong show. My worst fear was the language, though after some
private lessons, I started to feel comfortable. Luckily, cuando George left and I joined, some new stories emerged, and that kept the series in all its potential. You could say that the lucky was on my side", says the actor born on September 9th of 1972 in Sibenik -Yugoslavia then, Croatia now-, in the Coast of the Adriatic Sea-. And is already time to introduce him.
For example, to say that when he was just nine years old he knew he would like to be an actor, something that his parents Zeljko and Milka didn't take seriously at first. "My town has a very strong theatrical tradition. When I was a little boy there was a drama school for kids that I attended for fun. My family would rather have me there than in the street doing nothing. I even didnt consider the acting as a profession, until a teacher told me that I could combine the fun with the work, and I decided to take this path.", he explains enthusiastically who was recognized by People Magazine as one of the most attractive actors in TV. He soon reached his adolescence and deepened his passion in the Zagreb's Dramatic Arts Academy -capital of his**

PAGE 2 -61-

Hollywood in spanish
On a ride in 9 de Julio and Posadas square. He got some fame with Welcome to Sarajevo. "Everybody wanted me to travel to USA. Why not?, I said and I went", confides the handsome man.

PAGE 3 -62-

"In ER I had the chance of speaking in my mother tongue and that was good for my part. In my dressing room I have a huge picture of Sibenik, my home-town in the coast of the Adriatic sea".

Say ahhh...
Visnjic brings Dr Luka Kovac to life since 1999, on Warner Channel. Even though he decided to take some intensives english lessons, his accent helped him to seduce the millions of audience of ER. While there are rumours that George Clooney may come back to the show, in special appearances, Goran is enjoying his best moment.

** country- while he was fulfilling his duties as soldier. He made his debut in movies in 1988, when he played a young extremist in Braca po materi. Even though it wasn't until 1997 that he got famous thanks to the film Welcome to Sarajevo. "Everyone wanted me to travel to the USA. I got lots of job offers... So I said: Why not?, and I went", tells the husband of the sculptress Ivana Vrdoljak, with whom he adopted a baby, Tin, last April. "I help my woman in everything I can. Just one thing: Don't ask me to do any electrical job: when I was little I sold my brother on putting his fingers on the plug and I've been shocked ever since. I can do the rest, like shopping, taking the trash out, just like a regular man. In the meantime, shes making the food", says the owner of three dogs (Luigi, Romeo and Bugsy) that help him fight for the animals rights.

-Have you ever visited Argentina before?
-No, this is the first time. I study in school about Evita and Perón. I'm aware of the Argentinian soccer level and Maradona. I always wanted to come here. The only problem is the distance. All this hours of flight with my height, its complicated. When I first get here I went round the centre, and during the night, I enjoy a tango show. I love the movement of the bodies and the rhythm of your music. I rode a horse, I milked a cow, I was a gaucho! Ahhh I was forgetting, the wine. I'm thinking of taking home a bunch of bottles. The excuse of promoting ER was perfect to have the pleasure of coming here.

-Talking about your series, isn't it too much 8 years wearing Kovac's apron?
-Not at all. Is impossible to get bored with the quality of the scriptwriters and crew. Quite the contrary, all the seasons passed really fast for me . What I lived all this time is an unforgettable experience. My best friends are my co-workers. Besides, in ER I had the chance of speaking in my mother tongue and that was good for my part. In my dressing room I have a huge picture of my home-town. And about the time of filming, there are weeks when I work 3 days and rest 4, and others where I'm more demanded. During vacations I try to be part of other shows or movies. It's a way to get away from my character, to face new challenges.

-For example, become James Bond?
-Everyone asked me that. I even read it on internet. But I never knew! Either way, I would love to, giving him a profile related to me, of course. If I had to say it in a few words, I would say that I'm amazed by George Clooney's career, but I want to make my own way.

-A personal doubt: when a member of your family gets sick...
-(Laughs) ...Dont go on: I've learned lots of theory and some things I've never heard of before but, I can assure you, if one of my relatives get sick, I'll call a real doctor.
AzizalSaqr
Site Admin

Postby Scabiosa » Tue Nov 06, 2007 7:34 am

Thank you for the translation Manu, and JD for posting.

:D :D
Scabiosa

Return to Article Scans