Introductions

Newbie? Then introduce yourself. Member? Wanna talk about yourself? Here is the place. Birthdays, congratulations....

Moderators: Zone3120, AzizalSaqr, Trainerjen, Nina, jenwhaley, MarcySue

Re: Introductions

Postby chertex62 » Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:51 am

My name is Cheryl. I joined in the fall, but am just now introducing myself to you. I am a 72 year old retired nurse from Houston, Texas, who discovered Goran Visnjic watching Red Widow and then found this site. During his time on ER I was working full-time, going to school, didn't have a DVR for recording and didn't have much time to watch TV when at home. Shortly after discovering GV in Red Widow, my son and brother both became ill and I spent the next year taking care of my family and ultimately lost them both in the fall of 2014. During those months, I spent a lot of time looking at your site, looking back at old pictures, videos, etc. in an attempt to escape circumstances for while each day. From looking back at his career and listening to interviews on this site and YouTube, I like the person he seems to be (actually both he and his wife). They seem like good people who embrace the important things in this life, which only adds to his appeal. Of course, he is a very handsome man, but he seems uncomfortable with that label (often commenting that that is only genetics). But it cannot be denied (even though I am probably older than his mother :) And, of course, I think he is a great actor. I search out his movies/TV appearances and look at this site for updates on what is going on with his career. I also enjoy the exclusive pictures. If he does stage in the future in the US, I would like to see him on stage. Plus, I would like to watch his ER appearances, though I have been unable to find them - does anyone know where I can watch them??? Have a wonderful 2016.
chertex62

Postby AzizalSaqr » Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:30 pm

Cheryl, I am so sorry for your losses, but glad you found both us, and Goran to help give you a way to escape and regroup. Having nursed my own mother for 7 years after a series of strokes before losing her, I know how difficut and draining that can be, and how important it is to find something to disappear into at time for your own peace of mind.

I know the entire series is out on DVD, and while we are not set up for it yet, I am hoping to eventually get our new website equipped with the ability to host videos. In the meantime, you might check with the streaming sites, Zone or some of the overseas members might be able to help you with that.

So glad you found us, welcome to the site.
AzizalSaqr
Site Admin

Postby Trainerjen » Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:09 pm

Welcome Cheryl!

I am so sorry for your loses, but am happy you found us and are able to find some joy in the site. My mom is a retired nurse as well, and we ALWAYS watched ER together (I am in Sports Med).

ER is available on Amazon Prime, but it's not one of the free ones. :( You can buy whole seasons fairly cheap though! :)

Good to have you here!
"He Seems Depressed...." "He's European, that's his baseline."

"The X chromosome carries three times as much genetic information as the Y. Do you think that's why men are simpler?"~Abby Lockhart
Trainerjen

Postby Kelly » Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:28 am

sorry for the late :) welcome to you Cheryl ! ( I am french ) and as you , I discovered Goran on Red Widow ! so we are not many ,most of Goran's fan know him from ER :) As you too ,I think he is a very good person ,not only a very talented and handsome actor :) he was amazing on many movies ,like Spartacus ,Irena Sendler ,Helen ,Hypnotic , more recently Journey Home ,you can find them on streaming ;)
sorry you had so much pain with your family ,hope you have love around you to help with that...
greetings from France ,
Kelly
Kelly

Previous

Return to Members