Please Read!

Requests, questions, problems about the forum or the site.

Moderators: Zone3120, AzizalSaqr, Trainerjen, Nina, jenwhaley, MarcySue

Re: Please Read!

Postby Katie » Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:49 am

No job means some free time, so if you need help with more tedious work like copyling things from one forum to another, here I am ;)
Katie

Postby SAN » Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:57 am

These site hosting places look interesting, and cost a lot less. JD, what do you think?

http://www.webhostingbest10.com/best-website-hosting
SAN

Postby AzizalSaqr » Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:51 pm

The big issue with moving is we lose everything we have done to date.
AzizalSaqr
Site Admin

Postby SAN » Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:40 pm

I think it may be possible to transfer the entire site from one host to another. I think it's worth looking into...

https://www.google.com/search?sourceid= ... +a+new+one
SAN

Postby AzizalSaqr » Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:55 pm

I don't have the expertise to try it. It's why I haven't been able to do the upgrades.
AzizalSaqr
Site Admin

Postby AzizalSaqr » Sun Mar 13, 2016 10:45 pm

Hey, everyone...

Just wanted to let you all know what is happening. For starters I've been very ill, I was down for over a week with what I initially thought was a flu virus, but when I finally went to the hospital I was admitted with double pneumonia. I was in for a week and just got out Friday. They tell me it'll take me 6-8 weeks to fully recover. In the meantime, my computer crashed and while I've purchased a new one, I have yet to get my files transferred over from my old one, so am unable to do any work on the website. As much as I hate to say it, it may be time to totally revamp the core page, which might finally allow us to upload all of our interviews, foreign films, and other works hidden away in our libraries. It'll also give us a better vehicle for posting photos. We just have to get things set up and decide what format to build in. Lots to do, but we'll see things perking up in the next few months and then we start pushing the site to draw new readers.

Thanks everyone for your patience and support.

JD
AzizalSaqr
Site Admin

Postby Katie » Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:37 am

Sorry to hear about your problems, JD. Get well soon! Lots of love <3
Katie

Postby Kelly » Wed Mar 16, 2016 11:47 am

hi ,my poor JD :( ,bad luck for your health ,here we've got a flue a few weeks ago but not like you by chance ,fortunately you went to hospital in time to have good care of yourself ,hope you 'll recover very soon ,have some rest as much as possible
I had the same problem for my computer and have got a new one on monday ,difficult to handle with the new version ,have still a lot to do too on it
good idea about your project on the site ,to be continued :) big hug to you my dear ,and take care
Kelly

Postby Kim » Fri Mar 18, 2016 3:41 pm

So sorry you've been so sick....hope you are on the road to recovery and getting your much needed rest!

Kim
Kim

Postby Trainerjen » Fri Mar 18, 2016 7:52 pm

Hope you feel better soon, lady!
"He Seems Depressed...." "He's European, that's his baseline."

"The X chromosome carries three times as much genetic information as the Y. Do you think that's why men are simpler?"~Abby Lockhart
Trainerjen

Postby AzizalSaqr » Sat Mar 19, 2016 1:44 pm

Thank you everyone, I am on the mend physically, I wish the same could be said for the work on the site. Sadly, I have yet to be able to retrieve my files from my old computer which means everything I have collected from the start of the site is inaccessible to me. I am still looking for a way to get them from my old computer to my new one, and once we solve that problem we can begin to build our new website, (which at the moment cannot be updated), and move forward here.

Thank you all for your kind thoughts and patience.

JD
AzizalSaqr
Site Admin

Postby trunkfish » Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:23 pm

I really need to pay more attention to this section of the board. I just found out you have been ill. I hope you're doing better. I don't know if you read it or not, but the good news is Goran's pilot time travel show has been picked up. It's the kind of thing that could really take off.

Take it easy and don't worry about any board updates.
trunkfish

Postby AzizalSaqr » Sun Jul 03, 2016 10:22 pm

I'm back, kind of...I finally got a clean bill of health from the pneumonia, and headed off for my yearly camping/study retreat, high 90's with heat indexes around 105 to 110 every day. Me, thinking I had a nice base figured I'd brown like I always do and ended up with 2nd degree burns down both arms instead. Luckily it's healing well, we'll see what I end up with for scars. Thank you for the well wishes.

I'm doing set-up now on my second new computer, the first was a a lemon, and with luck I'll be able to start transferring info from my old one by next week and be able to start thinking about rebuilding the webpage. We can stay with Siteground, but can drop the html and start building with several different formats, all of which have tutorial. We need a way to archive films, articles, and photos, as well as keep the lists of his various works and who shared billing.

Does anyone have any experience?
AzizalSaqr
Site Admin

Postby Kim » Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:21 pm

I wish I had more knowledge to help in decision making. Maybe someone else here can offer suggestions?

Also, sorry about the bad burns...hope you healed up well.

Kim
Kim

Postby AzizalSaqr » Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:59 am

Kim, sending healing your way, and wishing you a speedy recovery. I am still awaiting the transfer of the memory of my old computer to my new, everything I need to run the site is inaccessible to me at the moment. It looks like we will have to compltely rebuild the main website though, so if anyone has any web-building knowledge please let me know, I'm hoping we can attach this message board to whatever we build, I would hate to lose all we have posted here when we relaunch the main site.

8)
JD
AzizalSaqr
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Board & Site Business