Anthony E. Zuiker Presents Execution Style

Post your favorite pictures. Classics or unique, come share your collection here.

Moderators: Zone3120, AzizalSaqr, Trainerjen, Nina, jenwhaley, MarcySue

Re: Anthony E. Zuiker Presents Execution Style

Postby AzizalSaqr » Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:42 am

hanna,

A CASA is a Court Appointed Special Advocate. We are appointed by the courts to act a a second pair of eyes you could say, for one or more children in a family who have come to the attention of the courts and may or may not yet be in foster care because they have been abused or their parents are not taking care of them properly. When we get a case we research not just what has happened in there past, (this may include accessing medical and school records among others) but, we generate reports to the court on our concerns and our recommendations for their future for as long as they remain in the system. I have already put over 200 hours into the case, and have only had it since the end of June. They are a volunteer program throughout the US, here is a link for more information: http://www.casaforchildren.org/site/c.m ... ograms.htm
AzizalSaqr
Site Admin

Re: Anthony E. Zuiker Presents Execution Style

Postby hanna » Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:37 am

Ah, I see. That's a great thing to do! I don't think we have a volunteer program like that in Berlin, but it would certainly be of great use. Social services are hopelessly swamped with work and they often get into gear far too late or don't assess situation correctly.
hanna

Previous

Return to Pictures